It seems that Arlington is exploding with information about awards, development, and real estate good news these days. I can barely keep up. Here’s a smattering of what’s going on:
- Three Arlington VA public schools have received the 2011 Governor’s Award of Educational Excellence: Arlington Traditional, Science Focus, and Nottingham.
- Property values in Arlington VA are up 6.3% (mostly due to commercial real estate, but that’s still good news).
- Arlington County will see some very significant development projects begin this year, across the county: the Cherrydale Fire Station, Buckingham Village, and Arlington Mill.
- Keep an eye on construction in Rosslyn, tons of new projects just announced, including this one: The JBG Companies has said it will begin construction of its 474-unit Rosslyn apartment project on January 25th. The Chevy Chase developer plans to build 25 four-story townhouses and two high rise apartment buildings with a small retail space on the Clarendon Boulevard site that until recently held a 8 two-story apartment buildings.
- And if you have an emergency, rest assured that more Arlington funds are being dedicated to improving emergency response times.