SELLING A HOME
Selling a home can sometimes be complicated and challenging, so it’s important to have a well-designed plan. Because of this I have created a clear path which simplifies the entire process and most importantly assures my clients will experience a successful sale. A successful sale is where I accomplish three things for my clients:
- make certain my clients get to closing on time,
- ensure they experience a smooth transaction with the fewest problems, and
- guarantee that my clients obtain to most money for their property that the market will allow.
It’s not just about getting the property sold, but making sure it’s a successful sale — accomplished on time, with the least amount of stress, and for the most money possible. Following is my 6-step approach to selling a home for my clients:
- Together with my staging consultant, I show and teach my clients how to enhance the buyer appeal and the value of their property before it goes on the market. How to dress the property for success and package it for for profit so that it sells for more money. Packaging a home for profit increases the buyer appeal and gets the sold sign up faster. A seller only has one chance to make a good first impression. Buyers buy emotionally, and to capture their offers a seller must capture their hearts. I show my sellers how to build that emotional connection and increase their bottom line. I use well-developed strategies for buyer showings and open houses. I offer my sellers a home warranty, which protects them during the home selling process and transfers to the buyers when the property is sold, providing both sellers and buyers with peace of mind. I explain the benefits of conducting a presale home inspection.
- I educate and guide my clients in selecting the best list price, so that they never overprice it and scare the buyers away losing valuable “golden time” and money. Just as importantly so they don’t under price it and give some of their equity away, but having them select the best list price resulting in the best and highest sales price. Pricing can be tricky and is a real balancing act. Sellers need to see accurate market information that is expertly interpreted, rather than base a price on emotion. I provide my sellers an extensive market study and explain the different pricing strategies to help them determine their sales price. My market study consists of (1) providing an accurate overview of where the market is and which way it is moving, (2) a property snapshot providing a detailed picture of what the market is specifically saying about the sellers’ property, and (3) a thorough tour of the competition. My goal is to help my sellers price just right in order to get the best outcome.
- I give my sellers’ property total market exposure, using a blend of traditional marketing along with a more aggressive target marketing approach. I put into action a coordinated 3 pronged strategy which ranges from being globally on-line down to our classic “for sale” sign. This creates more buyer flow resulting in more money and an “on time” sale. There is a lot more to marketing than just putting up the yard sign, placing an ad, putting the information on the MLS, and waiting for things to happen. My marketing team includes a professional photographer, my brochure creator and single property website developer. My marketing program makes certain that we advertise the property on all fronts, and includes grassroots networking with other top producing agents. I go above and beyond by canvassing the neighborhood, contacting my buyer database, using social media, and holding productive open houses in order to attract as many buyers as possible. My professional background in marketing serves me well in this aspect of the home selling process: to sell a property we must persuade with reason and motivate with emotion.
- I make certain my clients transaction is worry-free. I accomplish this by being the project manager managing all the details using a transaction management system, having weekly communication, and a call back now policy. I eliminate the stress and hassle. There are a lot of moving parts to a real estate transaction. A successful sale requires the agent to attend to a multitude of details. I have a project manager who manages all of the details and eliminates any problems before they arise. I accomplish a hassle and stress free transaction by clarifying the entire process so that there are no surprises for my clients, managing the selling team from inspection to settlement, using a transaction management system which consists of a detailed checklist to make sure no detail is overlooked, give my clients a weekly update, and have a “call-back now” policy to guarantee a speedy response when my clients call.
- I am supported by a quality company. A full service company which partners with me to assure my clients obtains the highest level of quality service. When you hire an agent you also hire a company. A company’s culture reflects how their clients are treated and the quality of the service it delivers. These are the qualities that attracted me to this company and why I feel I bring a quality company to you: Long and Foster is a company the matches my values and high standards ot honestly, integrity, and always doing the right thing. It mirrors my philosophy of always putting the seller first and going a “step beyond.” It is an innovative company, meaning it is ahead of the curve using state of the art technology. It is full service, and has all the resources from listing to closing to aid in the transaction. Finally, Long and Foster has market success which translates in success for my sellers.
- Finally, and most importantly, my sixth job responsibility it where I fulfill the role of being my clients’ trusted advisor, guiding, educating, never pressuring. Helping them make good decisions, providing professional recommendations, and always putting their best interest first.
A seller should have someone who they trust, have confidence in and will help them make good decisions. You can count on me to act as your trusted advisor — a consultant, educating and guiding, not selling and pressuring. My seller and their best interests are my top priority. I fulfill the role of being a trusted advisor through seller representation, advise and counsel, following a code of ethics, skillfully negotiating, being accountable, and giving my client a performance pledge in the form of a written client satisfaction guarantee.
I do all this to assure a successful sale, so that my sellers get to closing on time, with the fewest problems and they obtain the most money the market will allow.
Want to get an idea how homes in your neighborhood are selling? Click here.
What to know that current state of the real estate market? Click here and we’ll send you a monthly activity report for your neighborhood. Want to know where it’s going? call me.