How to keep up with Arlington County VA developments
This new toy is AWESOME… Check it out!
Starting today, anyone will be able to locate and learn more about County projects happening around Arlington by using the My Arlington – Projects map. The new tool, a collaborative effort across multiple County departments, provides a map view of County government projects in Arlington: daily work, transportation, parks, water and utilities, facilities projects, and private development.
- Projects can be filtered by type and status.
- You can look up projects based on your address or civic association.
- Addresses in and around Arlington produce the best results (some smaller-scale projects may not be included).
- Most projects are removed from the map once they’ve been complete for one year.
- The map is updated several times a day.
- It links people with more detailed project information already online.
The My Arlington – Projects tool combines data from a variety of sources — the Planning and Projects area on the County website, including development and site plan data; Open Data portal; staff in departments who input daily work — but goes a step further to display everything on a map. The same information will be added to the My Arlington mobile app in the coming weeks. Watch County Manager Mark Schwartz highlight the tool’s features.
The My Arlington – Projects map does not include projects by VDOT, Washington Gas, Dominion Power, APS, and other non-County government entities at this point. Over the coming months, the folks at the County will be improving this tool and adding more content and places that can be viewed and filtered.