Glencarlyn is a residential neighborhood in Arlington County, Virginia. Originally created as a summer community for Washingtonians who wished to escape the heat of the city, Glencarlyn was founded by partners Samuel S. Burdett, a former Missouri congressman, and his partner George W. Curtis in 1888.
Glencarlyn is bounded by Arlington Boulevard (Highway 50) on the north, Carlin Springs Road on the west, 5th Street South on the south, and Glencarlyn Park on the east.
- Glencarlyn Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2008.
- The Ball-Sellers House, 5620 Third Street South
- Carlin Family Cemetery, 300 South Kensington Street
- Carlin Hall, a school and community center built in 1892, 5711 Fourth Street South
- Glencarlyn Library, 300 South Kensington Street
- St. John’s Episcopal Church, 415 South Lexington Street
- The General Samuel S. Burdett House, 5627 Third Street South
- Long Branch Nature Center, 625 S. Carlin Springs Road
- Kenmore Middle School
- Carlin Springs Elementary School
- Glencarlyn Civic Association
- video tour
Search here for homes for sale in Glencarlyn