Biggest Seller Mistakes
Home buying is both an emotional and rational decision. These are some mistakes that sellers make which violates the buyer’s need to connect both rationally and emotionally with the property:
- Property preparation – We really are selling a dream, and the seller’s home should look like one. This means neutralize, and paint is the number one thing that can help with this. Cleaning with paint is my number one solution for many properties.
- Few or poor quality photos – photos convey emotion and help the buyers connect to a home.
- No curb appeal – when a buyer drives or walks up to the sellers house, that’s the moment they fall in love with it …. or not.
- Pricing wrong – there are different strategies that a seller can use when deciding what the list price should be. Thinking like a buyer is the best way to determine the right price. Thinking about how much you need or want to get out of the property is the wrong method to use.
- Selling FSBO, of For Sale By Owner. We need to sell a property twice — once to the agent representing the buyer and then again to the buyer. Selling to a limited pool of buyers, those who contact the homeowner directly or are friends and acquantainces, is not giving the seller maximum exposure and the maximum chance for high return.
- Limited showings — make the property available to show at the buyer’s convenience, not the sellers. If everything else is handled properly, you won’t be inconvenienced for long.